Google, in the present internet world, is one of the most successful and fastest growing companies. This is also in part due to the particular service which Google offers to its users, that of a search engine. Thus, people turn towards it as a reliable source of information. So, Google found itself in a unique position of bringing marketers and consumers closer to each other. The result of this was the creation of the Google Ads platform. This service is Google’s own improvement on the Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising model.
We all know how Google search works. You type in your query and Google displays the top ten results on the page. Google Ads takes advantage of this fact of a captive audience (the researcher) and displays a list of unobtrusive advertisements on the top of the web page. These ads link directly to your website, immediately guaranteeing a focused audience. Also, Google offers the same facility for many of its partner sites like AOL and Earthlink etc. Google also started another service called Adsense, enabling you to display your advertisements on a website related to the product or service you are selling.
There are a few guidelines on how to optimize Google Ads to work profitably for you. While choosing keywords (on whose searches your advertisement will appear) be very careful, otherwise you will just be wasting your money on some very general keywords. Also, since Google allows you to bid for the keywords you want, decide beforehand how much you are able to pay for a link. One of the crucial advantages of Google Ads is that this is a Pay-Per-Click model. This means that you only need to pay money to Google when a searcher actually clicks on the link to your website and actually visits it.
Also, Google offers you a number of customization tools to help you reach your niche of the consumer population. For example, you can choose the countries to which you want your advertisement to reach. Google offers a list of more than 250 countries for you to choose from. Along with this, you can decide from over 14 languages in which your advertisement would be displayed. Google also has a novel Discounter program. This software automatically calculates the lowest you need to offer to stay ahead of the competition and immediately informs you of the same.
10 Tips For A Successful Google Ads Campaign
- When first starting out in the PPC search engines keep your bids close to $0.10 and never pay over $0.30 until you gain more experience. If you find yourself too low on certain keywords, just drop them and add more until you get your desired spots. Once you find a winner, raise your bids to get more traffic.
- You are shooting for at least a 40% (and ideally a 50%) return on your advertising dollars. So if your selling a product that gives you a $20 commission, and a particular keyword takes 50 visitors to create a sale, then a 50% return would put your bid at no higher than $0.20 per click.
- Fund your accounts with the lowest possible amount allowable. This will help you get started and get a feel for the system, without breaking the bank.
- Never pay more than $50 on any particular ad without seeing a return on your investment. You need to either change the ad or start promoting a new product.
- A great way to maximize your profits is to run two separate ads for the same product at the same time. This way you can see what ad is bringing in more sales. Drop the bad ad and add a new one until you are satisfied with the results.
- When you decide what website or websites to promote, take the time to read the website and get familiar with it. Then pick your keywords and place your ads.
- Make sure to keep up with your ads, watch them closely, and check your Affiliate Affiliate Bank account to see if the ad is pulling it’s weight.
- Try to use your keywords in your ads as much as possible, it is known to give you a better conversion rate.
- Add new keywords to your ads as you find new ones and get rid of the ones that are not producing. You need to maximize your profits whenever possible.
- When you have an ad that’s producing nice for you always be looking for the next hit, this way you can have multiple streams of money coming in from different ads around the clock.