If you have a website about a topic you enjoy, you can make money from discussion forums. Talk, post links to your site, get traffic. Traffic means money, right? If not, try different affiliate programs or Google Ads. The worst sites should get a couple cents per visitor. Now here’s how to talk and make money.
Search “forum” plus the topic of your site on Google or Alta Vista. For my first site, I searched “backpacking + forum” and in the pages of results I found several good forums. I also searched related topics like “hiking” too. You can also check about.com, and other sites that have forums on many topics.
Registration is usually giving your email address and choosing a password. Some forums allow guests to post without registering. Once registered, browse the forum topics, and post a response to anything, just to “learn the ropes”.
Income From Discussion Forums
The point of posting in forums is to get readers to come to your web site. Sure it’s fun to give advice and discuss things of interest to you, but that’s secondary. With that in mind, do the following:
1. Always link to your site. If they don’t allow any links, find another forum.
2. Don’t “spam.” Sales pitches will be removed. Offer honest advice, or express an opinion, then sign off with your name and the link to your site.
3. Ask for help from others. This is an effective and acceptable way to “advertise.” Enter a topic like “Can I get some advice?” and post something like, “I just started a meditation site. If some of you would visit and tell me what you think, I’d really appreciate it.” Have a link to the site. People love to help, and to give opinions, and they’ll click on those ads while they’re at your site.
4. Look at total “views.” Many forums show the total times each “thread” has been viewed. When you see some with many more than others, get in on those, or start a new thread on the same topic. Go where the traffic is, and get some of it.
I didn’t like the idea of forums until I made a few posts, and saw my traffic and revenue climb for days afterwards. That convinced me. Just be polite, offer some value to others, and always have a link to your site.
In some circumstances, you may need to increase your traffic immediately or to boost it in order to spread a new product or an offer or or simply to implement your viral marketing. Well there is 3 easy to do that and we will explain them now. You can: Buy targeted traffic to your site, email to your list, or make a Joint Venture(JV).
Income From Google Ads
5. To buy fast and immediate traffic, you will need to go to google or one of the other alternatives like overture from yahoo..
You may need to know how to use google adwords first, there is excellent ebooks on this subject, that will save you a lot of money, and avoid your ad to be deactivated.
That type or advertising is called Pay Per Click advertising. You will set a daily budget for your campaign, and you will only pay when some one make a click on your link. You will be able to see your ad on the right table of the page, when you search for specific keywords.
You will need to track your campaign.
For example, you can buy 3 different advertising sources, pay the same price for each, then track with a software which advertising gives you more results.
Then go on, like that you will save your money.
6. The second way is to email to your list. You must understand the sale process. In a nutshell, visitors are surfing they fall on your site, but they probably won’ t come back except if you offer them an incentive, or newsletter, something that will bring them back:
You can send a promotional email, twice a month or once
Send valuable information between the promotional offer.
7. The last tip for immediate traffic is Joint Venture. You have to get other websites to send email to their list, place your link on their website, and you will pay them only when they process a sale. Pay them 50% or more. And make the sale easy for them, prepare for them the subject and body of the emails, prepare the affiliate link they will put on their websites, and any other material you can use. And who knows, you will maybe find some good friends out there.